- ‘Non-personal data’ is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
- ‘Personal data’ refers to information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, ID number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Personal Data is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information. However, personal data is broader in scope and covers more data.
- A visitor is someone who merely browses our website. A user is someone who has registered with us to use or buy our services and tools.
1. Information we collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information that you provide to us when using our website. However, we will normally collect personal data from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal data about you in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will normally be to operate our website and communicate with you accordingly to provide our tools and services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest. These legitimate interests include, for instance, responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests that we will clear out at the time of interest.
2. We collect your personal data in the following ways
(a) We automatically receive information from your Google Ads account. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our website.
(b) When you enter and use our website you accept cookies. A cookie is a small piece of data or a text file that is downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you access certain websites. Cookies may contain text that can be read by the web server that delivered the cookie to you. The text contained in the cookie generally consists of a sequence of letters and numbers that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device; it may contain other information as well.
(c) You may modify and control how and when cookies are set through your browser settings. If you choose to reject cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of our website may not work properly, and you may be unable to use some of our services that require registration in order to participate, or you will have to re-register each time you visit our site.
(d) We may also use a technology called web beacons and other technologies, such as pixels and ad tags, to collect general information about your use of our website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.
(e) As new technologies emerge, we may be able to improve our services or provide you with new ones, which means that we may create new ways to collect information on the site and our services. If we offer a new service or new features to our existing site, for example, these changes may result in our collecting new information in order to improve your user experience.
(f) Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, remarket our products and services to users, improve our marketing, advertising, and website. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information.
We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with personal data. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website.
If you use our services to make and receive calls or send and receive messages, we may collect telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, receiving-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls and messages, duration of calls, routing information, and types of calls.
Another information about you that we may be collect and process includes:
- name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers;
- transactional data, including products and services ordered, financial details and payment methods;
- company data such as the name, size and location of the company you work for and your role within the company;
- data from surveys and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of "apps", screen resolution, and the preferred language;
- behavioral data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
Please note that Synapse Ads does not control the content that you may post to Synapse Ads communities, forums or social networks; in some cases, such content may be publicly available on the Internet. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal information to these communities, forums or social networks and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you may submit accordingly.
3. How your information is used
We use your information for our legitimate interests in order to:
- Provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us.
- Respond to your questions and provide you support.
- Personalize and customize our content and products.
- Make improvements to your Google Ads accounts.
- Contact you with updates about our product.
- Resolve problems and disputes.
- Contact you with marketing and advertising information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- Provide measurements and analysis.
- Promote security and integrity.
4. Sharing information with affiliates and other third parties
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes. We do, however, engage third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf.
These third parties have access to your information so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf but they are not authorized to use or disclose your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, except to the extent required by law. We may permit our service providers to use aggregate information, which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
5. Retaining your personal data
We retain Personal Data that you provide to us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our products or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the data. We will delete this data from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in the next section called "Reviewing, Correcting, and Removing Your Personal Data".
6. Reviewing, correcting and removing your personal data
Upon request, Synapse Ads will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal data. If you provide us with your personal data, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information will not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information and content be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by Synapse Ads or third parties
- To delete your entire Synapse Ads Account
In some cases, we retain data for limited periods when it needs to be kept for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We try to ensure that our services protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when you delete something and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems.
7. Protecting children’s privacy
Even though our website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16, we realize that a child under the age of 16 may attempt to access our website. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our website, please contact us at: email@example.com. Before we remove any information, we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our website, we will delete his/her information within 30 days. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability to do so.
8. Our email policy
You can always unsubscribe from receiving further email correspondence from us. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
9. Our security policy
We have built our website and tools using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal data. We and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data. We also periodically monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, consistent with industry standards. When we collect your credit card information through our website, we will encrypt it before it travels over the Internet using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee against the loss or misuse of your personal data or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature.
We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our website and to not share it with anyone. You should always log out of our website when you are done, especially if you are sharing or using a computer in a public place. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Synapse Ads website users, if any, are not encrypted, so you should not communicate any confidential information through these means.
10. Data transfers and privacy shield
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are located. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this privacy notice.